“Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.” Isaiah 43:19
On His Path has worked in El Salvador for three years with vulnerable children and families in the clubfoot program. The goal of the program is to give children the opportunity to live an active lifestyle and to play, run and kick a ball and be active members in their communities, as well as responding to Jesus’ example of healing the sick and his call to share the gospel. On His Path is working for those whose physical disabilities can be corrected or alleviated through medical treatment. In our five clinics around the country, we are providing training to doctors, the materials and braces for non-surgical treatment for children born with clubfoot by partnering with local public health care system so mothers and fathers do not worry that their children will never walk and give them the opportunity to celebrate their first steps.
Highlights of Last Year:
• 176 new children enrolled in treatment at On His Path clinics
• 571 casting visits
• 169 foot abduction braces distributed
• 539 follow-up visits in the five clinics
• A children’s book was created to encourage them to wear their braces at night which create the best results
• More than 300 families received counseling and the opportunity to receive the good news of The Gospel
• The Clubfoot Program was promoted in different spaces such as radio interviews in Agape Radio, Telemas TV, and in Health Units with Health Promoters to promote our work in the five clinics
• 81 doctors trained at the Third Ponseti Training and Congress in San Miguel facilitated by Dr. Sequeira and Dr. Rosales
• Video recordings of the Third Ponseti Training made available for doctors for training purposes as well as on YouTube
• New print material created for parents to read explaining clubfoot treatment as well as the use and care of the clubfoot brace
Prayer Requests for El Salvador Clubfoot Program:
• Additional health professionals trained
• Parent education and commitment to the treatment of children
• Patient data entered in a database
• Establish at least one more clinic to treat more children
• Persuade more doctors to adopt the Ponseti method to prevent disability caused by untreated clubfoot
In the year 2015, we want to trust God to fulfill his promise as stated in Isaiah 43:19: He will bless us with new opportunities, provision and direction in our organization as we continue looking for opportunities to expand our collaboration to make clubfoot treatment accessible to more children. Our goal is to help establish at least one more strategically located clinic across the country. This year, we will sponsor at least one medical training; our goal is to support the treatment of at least 175 children born this year with clubfoot in El Salvador. We will continue working with responsibility and integrity of the Ponseti Method to serve more children with high quality care and reach as many children as possible with the promotion of the program.
We are immensely grateful to the Lord for allowing us to serve the little ones in our country and all the generous donors who make the program possible and for joining us in our dream to eradicate untreated clubfoot in El Salvador.
Submitted by: Mayra Arteaga, On His Path Clinics